By creating this site, my intention is to acquaint you more closely with the Croatia, its history, famous persons, cities, cuisine, natural beauty and other things. Every few days I will publish posts with these topics: nature, cities, sports and famous persons. If you have any comments or wishes, please type in the chatbox. Enjoy your reading!

subota, 30. travnja 2011.

Dustinland - Croatian vacation

American Dustin Glick visited Croatia, which it is obviously very delighted, because their experience in our beautiful conveyed many readers of his comics ‘Dustinland’. Thus, Glick describes the daily rituals of Croats and advises how to behave in Croatia.

Dustin Glick is the author of comics on Croatia, which these days is circulating the Internet. America is, in fact, visited Croatia and Slovenia and is briefly described his experiences in the comics ‘Dustinland’.

So Glick Croats described as thin people, who drink and smoke a lot. Enthralled by the old Croatian who notes that can be found in the middle of the forest and thus seen in isolation, and special memories of his ice cream, cheap beer, brandy and cisterns.

As already mentioned, apart from visiting the Croatian and Slovenia, which recommended Lasko beer, but also points out that there can not eat horses.

The whole comic read on his official website Dustinland



Dustinland is back! I was gone for two weeks on vacation in Croatia and Slovenia, and that is the topic of this week’s comic. Please excuse the bit of a departure in artistic style, since I drew this on the plane ride home, knowing I wouldn’t have much time to work on it once I was back in NYC and still dealing with jet lag.

But yeah, this comic pretty much describes my trip. This was actually my first time in Europe, which is almost embarrassing when I think about how old I am and how long I had passed up the opportunity of going aboard. I think it was always intimidating to me, both in terms of the language barrier and the cost. The cost does kinda suck, but if you can afford it, it’s worth it. Put off buying that new couch or TV. You can’t compare material possessions to what you get out of a great vacation to someplace new. And as for the language, well, I am lucky enough to be born in the U.S., because apparently everyone else speaks English, making it incredibly easy for us to travel. I guess we have England to thank for that, what with all their imperialism and what not. And American music, TV and movies of course, our No. 1 export. Man, I heard almost nothing but American music wherever I went in both Croatia and Slovenia — crappy pop music too. And for some reason I heard the Spin Doctors’ “Two Princes” at least three times.

But anyway, great vacation. Go there. But maybe not during the summer, since that’s when thousands of German tourists will be there beaching it up in Speedos. Hitting the beach would be nice though. I kinda missed out on that since it’s not quite beach weather yet.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar